About Me

November 7, 2009 we started our family! We have a little stud, who is our pride and joy. He is a wild, mischievous child, who makes us and everyone around him laugh. His personality is coming out more and more each day and we couldn't be happier. I cant wait to see what the rest of life will bring, but I am enjoying every step of the way. Thats us!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mothers Day!!!

I was able to celebrate mothers day, for the first time this year! I have loved being a mom and knowing you are the sole provider to another person. Joe, was great he changed every diaper, cooked, and did the dishes. We also got a new TV stand so that was mine and Joe's mothers and fathers day present. This whole blog for the past year was pretty much about Dayson and his little milestones. So with that I have to write the best gift I received on this mothers day. I know I will sound conceited as I write this, but its not my words just quoting. So Monday I took Dayson to his year old check up and immunizations. Dayson is 25 pounds and 30 inches. He is about average for a 12 month old. The doctor came in and checked out his muscles, his communication skills, and motor skills. The whole time Dayson was showing off. He was talking non stop probably like 10 or more words as I was telling him what to say, he was clapping, dancing, running, walking backwards, and blowing kisses. Since I have such a awesome pediatrician he kept saying are your sure Dayson is only 12 months, I always new Dayson was a quick learner and a little advanced, but the doctor said he is at the same level as a 16-18 month old. He also asked if I was a stay at home mom? I replied kind of, I have worked, but been with Dayson a lot. Joe also gets home at 12:30 every day so he is always there too. He said you can really tell that some one has worked with him every second to be this way. He said most of the things he is doing and acting he shouldnt be doing till he ia 16 months. He was so shocked about how active he was for his aged, he kept saying Dayson your scaring me. I haven't seen a boy this advanced in years. He said he sees some little girls advanced like him, but not boys. I know your think o Raquel you are so full of it, but I just want this memory. I know I like attention and compliments, but when Dayson was getting them it was 10 times better. I finally asked the doctor are you just telling me and every other mom what they want to hear about there child? He said, no I usually don't spend this much time with a patient and most of the time I have to tell parents what there child isn't doing and what to do to help there kids. He said what ever you guys are doing keep it up and the next time I see Dayson he probably will be acting like a two year old. This was one of the best mom days for me. I will keep trying my best and hope that Dayson will always stay on top of his game!

1 comment:

  1. That is great Raquel :) congrats and happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete